Kent Veterinary Center
Kent Veterinary Center boarding facility specializes in:
Surgical Layups & Rehabilitation
Around the Clock Treatment of Colic & Ophthalmic
Recovering Wound Care & Treatment
Boarding Excellence – if you are searching for a farm to retire your senior to, you have found the perfect spot here at Kent Veterinary Center. If your horses could talk they would ask to retire with us!
We offer all of the services you would expect from an excellent boarding facility including an customized hay and feed program, well-maintained facilities and a professional staff plus an on site veterinarian. Dr. Tubman also partners with a network of the best veterinarians and farriers around to assist her in caring for your horse.
Take a look around Kent Veterinary Center in our gallery. If you would like to schedule a tour of our farm and boarding facilites, please call 410-928-5700.
Why Kent Veterinary Center?
1. Dr. Tubman resides on the farm and oversees the daily care and health of all the boarders. Medical care is not included in board.
2. With Dr. Tubman on the farm you will recieve no farm call fee for routine care. Holding fees for the veterinarian, farrier, dentistry care and vaccinations are all included in your monthly board.
3. Nutrional consults with Dr. Tubman and our Buckeye nutritionalists are free for all boarders. Customized feeding programs are created for each boarder by taking into consideration their dental health and metabolic issues. Hay and Buckeye ration balancer feed are included in your monthly board.
4. Automatic waters are provided in every field. Sheds are large and airy with windows. Pastures and sheds are cleaned daily of all manure to decrease the parasite burden and flies.
5. All manure is removed daily from the paddocks, fields and sheds. This greatly decreases the fly and parasite burden.
6. In the case of a medical emergency that cannot be attended to at our Veterinary Clinic, Dr. Tubman is insured to ship your horse to the surgical facility at University of Pennslyvania New Bolton Center for treatment. Transportation Fee and any medical care provided by New Bolton is not included in board.
7. Grooming, bathing, medication admistering, and blanket changing are all included in monthly board. Blankets, fly masks, fly spray and shampoo are not provided by KVC. We will have blankets cleaned or repaired at the owners expense. Clipping is not included in board.
8. The staff here at KVC love to share picture and video updates to the owners so they can see their horse routinely and have regular glimpses into their daily lives.
9. Foals are handled and examined daily. Halters are put on within 24-48 hours of birth. Foals are taught to lead quietly with the mare to and from the field.
"It is difficult to have one's beloved horses so far away from them, but when you know you have a careful, concerning and extremely experienced eye looking over them, it alleviates a lot of the worry. I have known Dr. Judy Tubman for almost four years and she treats and cares for my horses as though they were her own.
She takes an interest to get to know each horse and its needs, personally. She is always accessible, easy to talk to and has a wonderful way of explaining often complicated issues so that I can understand. I feel so fortunate to have Dr. Tubman as my veterinarian - she is the main reason why my horses have retired where they are."
— Cynthia Bell-bucha
"My geldings arrived at Dr. Tubman's farm in the fall of 2016. They had lived on our New England farm for 18 years. The adjustments they had to make, from our backyard care to a strange (to them) boarding stable, people and routines, and from northern weather to Eastern Shore humidity and heat, were challenging indeed. Both were over 25 years old. Both had Cushing's and had suffered laminitis episodes in the past.
Dr. Tubman evaluated their condition and, with the help of her excellent staff, stabilized them and guided their healthcare through the winter so that, come the following spring, that could easily withstand the long journey back north to their current home in Maine."
— Tammy Mitman